Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Time Flies

"Time is swift, it races by; Opportunities are born and die...Still you wait and will not try--A bird with wings who dares not rise and fly."     A.A. Milne (Creator of Winnie the Pooh)

Monday, I spoke of expectations and how effort must accompany them.  Let's take a moment to talk about time.  

You can have every expectation in the world.  You can expect for your income to increase, to travel, to find love.  All of these expectations have a reasonable chance of attainment.  The biggest constraint?  Time.

Life is short.  As you age, you realize just how fast the sand is slipping through the hourglass.  As time slips by, some expectations may need to be adjusted.  Beginning college at age 50, my expectation of a long, lucrative career is, by necessity, adjusted by the actual number of working years I have remaining.  My expectation of more travel as I age is then adjusted by my income.  

Have I abandoned those expectations in whole?  No, they have merely been adjusted by time and a healthy dose of reality.  Do I allow that concession to slow me down?  Never!!  My expectations are not required to beautifully displayed on a perfectly straight line.  My path has plenty of curves.

Don't ever give up your hopes, dreams, and expectations.  You can do, be, or become anything and everything!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest