Tuesday, July 7, 2015

More and More

I spoke yesterday about preparing for hurricanes.  As I age, I have noticed that there is more and more that I must prepare for and take specific steps to either complete or anticipate.

I am learning to take things a bit slower.  While my usual speed is at warp, I am slowing down to mere breakneck.  I have learned to pack things in smaller containers, and at lighter weights.  There are a million little things I am learning to make adjustments for as I age.

Preparing for aging is not giving up.  It is realizing those limitations are coming.  Preparing for them is not fatalistic or morbid.  It is taking a smart approach to the inevitable.  In the process, it makes my life just a tad bit easier.

To be honest, making these adjustments is not always easy.  It is a reminder that I am not as young, strong, or agile as I once was.  But aging still beats the alternative!

Here's to aging gracefully, with preparation and a happy heart!

Love,
Jerri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest