Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Preparing Others

Part of the preparation of aging is preparing others in your life for that inevitable occurrence.  In truth, preparing others is even more difficult than those steps you take for yourself.

A few weeks ago, I gave my son my living will.  His initial response was fear.  Fear that I wasn't telling him something or that a health crisis was imminent.  While neither was true, it took some convincing on my part!  It was just a small step that needed to be taken in preparation for the future...hopefully, the distant future!

Not all the steps taken in preparation of aging are pretty or fun.  Some will bring up difficult conversations but they are necessary.  With love and humor, the conversations will be held, the steps will be taken, and everyone will be prepared.

It's time to have those conversations with your loved ones.  Get talking!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest