Tuesday, October 6, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 28

Day 28:  What is something/someone you miss?

I am at the time of life when losing people seems to be a weekly occurrence.  I have already lost all of my grandparents, my mother, my stepfather, cousins, aunts, uncles, and numerous friends.

I miss all of them but I probably miss my paternal grandfather the most.  Grandpa was my biggest cheerleader, my staunchest supporter, and the man who raised me for the first six years of my life. Don't get me wrong...being my cheerleader didn't mean he let me get away with anything!  He was also the first to call me on something...but he never stopped loving me.  No matter what, I knew I could count on his love.

My wish for everyone is to have someone like my Grandpa in their life at least once.  I am so lucky to have had him in mine.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest