Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Thursday 10

This week's Thursday 10 is more like 50!!  I did a major purge on my bookcase and came up with multiple bags of books.  The used bookstore near my house only takes 10 per week which means I will be making a trip every weekend for about the next month!  Luckily, I had 10 signed books so those went on consignment in addition to the 10 I traded in for store credit.

Now that the bookcase has been slimmed down, I plan on covering the back board with fabric and re-attaching it.  That's not just a pipe dream...I actually already have the fabric, the spray adhesive, and the back of the bookcase has cooperated by already starting to come off all by itself!  

As I posted last week, the purpose is not to fill a landfill.  With only an hour spent sorting books, I have ten books on consignment where I will make 60% of sale price, and an additional $40 in store credit with more to come!  

Take a good look at your bookcase...I'm pretty sure you will be able to do the same!


Slowly but surely, I am simplifying!  Stay tuned for next week's Thursday 10!

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest