Thursday, July 28, 2011

Christmas in July

Yep...I said it...the "C" word.  Christmas.  Have you started planning yet?

I'm giving it my best effort.  But it's hard to picture Christmas presents when it's 105 degrees outside!!  I usually try to give my girlfriends handmade gifts.  Looking around my sewing room yesterday, I was completely devoid of inspiration.  I haven't the faintest idea where to begin, what to make, or even what general direction.

Last year, I made all natural sugar scrub and homemade kahlua.  My house was drunk for three days!!  This year...not a clue.  And I'm already feeling the pressure to get started, that I may not finish everything in time.  And it's still July!!

What about you?  Do you go for handmade?  Or do you buy?  Do you start now or wait until the last minute?  All suggestions are welcome...and I'm sure to steal an idea or two!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest