Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Slow Day

It's a slow day around the empty nest.  The heat index is supposed to hit 106 and just the thought already exhausts me!  The dogs are sound asleep and I wish I could join them!!

As I sit here looking around my office/sewing room/library/guest room/craft room, I see a lot I need to get done but today I completely lack the motivation!!  How do you motivate yourself?  And yes, I have a small house, so one room really does serve all those purposes!!

I think for today, I'll make a dent in something.  Not actually finish something...just make a dent.  I'm not going to put the pressure on myself to climb a mountain for just one day.  Today, I'm just going to take a stroll.  A lesson I learned yesterday, when I pushed myself so hard and stressed myself so much, that my body actually revolted! Yes, some days I am an idiot.

So today is just going to be a slow day.  Just a stroll instead of a marathon.  Just a dent instead of a completion.  And I'm going to take the time to enjoy my day.

And those are my random thoughts this morning....

2 comments:

  1. funny how many of us bloggers are talking about the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it keeps up, that's what I'm using as my excuse!!

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest