Monday, July 11, 2011

In Praise of Quiet Weekends

I love a quiet weekend.  While Hubby had to work Saturday, I caught up on chores and TV shows I had missed.  Saturday night, we spent a quiet evening watching TV and reading.

Sunday, after a few errands were completed...we settled in for the day.  Steaks on the grill for dinner, Hubby watching TV and me enthralled by the latest from one of my favorite authors.  Not a lot of conversation, but that comfortable silence between two people that actually takes years to achieve.

And that's one of the advantages to an empty nest...no phones ringing, no doors slamming, no stereos blaring.  Just contentment and enjoyment of our time together.  It's an absolute blessing.

And those are my random thoughts today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest