Friday, June 19, 2015

Bits and Pieces

Just a few bits and pieces this Frugal Friday...things I actually did in the last week that were free or nearly free.

First, this past weekend I assembled a three-drawer dresser I got for free.  Yes, free!  I earned Amazon gift cards using Swagbucks and Crowdtap (see the Moneymaker tab) and paid for the dresser without a penny of my own money!


Excuse the crooked picture...I never claimed to be a photographer!!  While I got this dresser for free, remember that furniture you assemble yourself is at least 40% cheaper than already assembled.

Another household project I completed this weekend was installing new aerators on my faucets. Again, completely free!  How?  My local gas company sent them out as free water conservation items.  Five minutes and a pair of vise grips and I was done.  Check with your local utility company.These are regularly offered along with low-flow showerheads.  I skipped the showerhead offer as I already have one I installed that again was free, having won it on Facebook!

Now to find a free photography class....

Love,
Jerri



No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest