Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Focus

I realized Sunday that while focus is a skill I still struggle with at times; when I am in the zone, I have little to no tolerance for anything that disturbs my focus.

Just the sound of the lawnmower threw me into a tailspin.  I lost focus and with that loss, also went my temper!  While my outburst remained internal, I was surprised that I got so angry with the disruption to my work.  Not real proud of myself!

While I have struggled with ADHD my entire life, I do have the tendency to hyperfocus.  I block out the entire world and concentrate solely on my task.  To have that focus broken, as I said, can really throw me.  A new goal to add to my list?  A more Zen attitude toward life's little disturbances.

Rolling with the flow has never been my thing.  Control freak?  Maybe so, especially when I am writing.  Perhaps it is time to invest in a set of noise-blocking headsets!

Working on my Zen...

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest