Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dear Rush and Rick:

An open letter to Rush Limbaugh and Rick Santorum:

Dear Rush and Rick:

I am a woman who has suffered from PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) from the age of 16.

According to your descriptions of women who utilize oral contraceptives, I am immoral, a slut, and should be posting videos on the internet every time I have sex.  Yet I am one of the estimated 52% of women who took oral contraceptives for reasons other than birth control.  However, you did not acknowledge the medical uses in any of your statements.  Why muddy the waters of your rhetoric with actual facts?

Have you ever been dropped to the ground by the agony of an ovarian cyst bursting?  Have you ever been hospitalized for days at age 18 because of the pain?  Oh wait...you have neither ovaries or a medical degree so I would gather you can't speak to the actual issue.

I am also a veteran.  I would defend to the death your right to free speech.  All I would ask is that said speech would include factual information instead of untruths, innuendos, name-calling, and outright lies.  Is that really too much to ask?  You both have women in your lives that I am sure you would want to have the best of medical care and knowledge.

With that being said, gentlemen, get out of my body.  You weren't invited.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest