Monday, March 19, 2012

My New Motto

Last week, I received a special gift from one of my dearest friends.  It is a silver cuff with a butterfly on the front.  On the inside is inscribed the following quote:

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, She became a butterfly."

Have you ever felt that way?  I think most women have at one point or another.  Women invest so much of themselves in the happiness of their spouses, children, friends and even strangers that they forget to refill their own self.

So today, let the laundry sit for more than five minutes before you change over the load.  Skip the vacuuming.  Pick up that bestseller you've been saving and read it.  And when you sit down and open that book, don't even dare to think about all the things you should be doing instead!  The world will not end if you take an hour for yourself, I promise.

Spread your wings, my beautiful women.  Fly and enjoy your day!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest