Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Never Ending TBR

I am a reading addict.  Since the advent of e-readers, it's gotten worse.  I've tried to behave.  Really, I have!!

There are thousands of ebooks offered for free every day.  Thousands!!!  I try hard to resist downloading but there is at least one book a day that I just have to have.  Now my TBR is over 5000.  Yep, I said 5000.  Some of them are classics like Jane Eyre, Dante's Inferno, and The Scarlet Letter.  These will stay on my e-readers for perpetuity.  I'll revisit them like old friends.  Others are fun reads I just want for the day or two it takes me to read them.  Yet others are reference books on writing, blogging, and a myriad of other subjects.

This is what I've discovered:

1.  I have a problem and I'm not sure I want a solution.

2.  I need less housework so I have more time to read.

3.  If I stay awake for the next year, I should be able to catch up!!

I thank God these aren't physical books!  I would end up on an episode of Hoarders or someone would find me dead under a stack of books!!  This blog post is finished now...so if you need me, my nose will be glued to a screen!

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest