Monday, January 4, 2016

The First Week

This is the first full week of the new year.  Have you made resolutions?  Or have you made generalized decisions about how you will change your life in the coming months?

One of my generalized decisions is the decision I made to protect myself.  Friends who have lied to me, who have betrayed me, or who have hurt me are no longer welcome in my life.  

Think about some of your Facebook posts.  Did someone react to one in a nasty, hateful manner?  It makes you stop and think.  Have they always felt that way about me?  Did demeaning me give them pleasure?  

When hate boils over into a public forum or overt acts meant to wound or betray, those emotions have been simmering for quite some time.  When such things surface, for your own safety, sanity, and emotional stability; it is wise and prudent to remove the source from your life.

Remember, taking care of yourself is no reason to feel guilty.  You deserve the best!!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest