Thursday, January 14, 2016

UPDATED -- The Thursday 10

I frequently walk 5k's for charity and have done so for a number of years.  When participating, t-shirts are frequently given to the walkers.  Needless to say, over the years I have collected quite a number of these shirts.  That number grows yet again when you add in the t-shirts from various concerts I have attended.

In early December, I gathered approximately 50 of these shirts together.  Doing some online research, I found a company that makes quilts from these t-shirts.  I followed their instructions and sent off my shirts.  

In doing so, I cleared up much needed space in my bedroom.  I will also have a quilt of my various adventures.  When I am gone, my children will be able to look at the quilt and remember me.  As I see it, this was a win-win solution!

I am waiting, not so patiently, for my quilt to arrive.  When it does, I will update this post.  In the meantime, look around at your things.  I am sure there are more creative ways to re-use and upcycle things you have into memories you can pass on.  Let me know what you come up with!!


UPDATE:

I received my quilt!!  Here's a picture of my quilt!



Now I not only got rid of stacks of tshirts...I can wrap myself in memories!


Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest