Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Incredibly Blessed

Last week, I sent out a request for prayers for a young Marine, Danny Reich.  They have determined it is not aplastic anemia but rather Monosomy 7.  This is still a potentially life-threatening disease and he is still in need of a bone marrow transplant.

After hearing the news, my youngest asked Danny's mom Patti how to become a bone marrow donor.  My son has never met Patti or Danny but he wants to help.  On Sunday, Patti posted the link to the bone marrow registry on her Facebook wall.  Since then, I have seen so many of my friends respond that they have sent away for their kits to become a bone marrow donor.

Danny was born after Patti left the Air Force.  So the majority have never met him.  Does it matter to them?  No...they want to do everything they can to save this young Marine's life.  I am already a member of the registry, so now my prayers are for a match.

And reading all the posts for prayers, that registry kits have been requested, that kits have been sent in for testing...I realize that I am so incredibly honored and blessed to have such incredible people in my life.  They  are willing to literally give up a piece of themselves to help a friend.  What greater blessing could one ask for?

If you are between the ages of 18 and 60 and in good health, please consider joining the registry.  The link to join is below.  And thank you.

http://www.marrow.org/JOIN/index.html?src=tabjoin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest