Monday, May 16, 2011

Seize the Moment

This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to attend a workout with celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels.  HEB had sponsored a family fitness event at the Texas School for the Deaf and it sounded like it would be fun.

Now there was obviously some kind of short circuit in my brain Saturday morning that enabled me to ignore the fact that I'm 49 years old, I've been smoking since I was 14, and my idea of working out is having to reach for the remote!!  The 30 minute workout completely and totally kicked my butt!!!  What was I thinking???

Well, I was thinking that this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance.  And it was.  How many people outside of the Biggest Loser ranch actually have the opportunity for a workout with Jillian?  So my innate sense of adventure told me to seize the chance and go for it!!  Isn't that the best part of empty nest life?  The time and freedom to try new things and one of a kind experiences.

True..I paid dearly for this one!  I spent the majority of my Sunday on the couch with my e-reader groaning every time I moved.  Today is a bit better but I'm still not moving at my usual warp speed.  And the hubby?  Thoroughly enjoyed himself at my expense!!  While grocery shopping yesterday morning, he kept wanting items on the bottom shelf.  At the end of the trip, he admitted he did it because my groaning every time I got back up was funny!!  And as I lay in misery yesterday evening, he assured me he had done the chores, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, etc.  So imagine my surprise when I woke this morning to a full dishwasher and a sink full of dishes!!!  He is having WAY too much fun with this!!

So to my dear, sweet hubby....I will get you back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest