Thursday, May 19, 2011

Argh!!

Have you ever had one of those days where as fast as you run, the further behind you get??  I am so having one today!  You would think as an empty-nester...I would have unlimited time on my hands and be able to fill my days with only what I love to do.  And then reality rears up and bites you in the butt!!

Just because the kids are grown and gone doesn't mean they don't need you anymore; whether a phone call, instant message, or text...it seems there is always a pressing question that must be answered immediately!!  From whether this job offer is right or how to make queso, it is nice to be needed!

And the hubby...it is amazing how he has found things he needs done.  Where was all this stuff when the kids were home?  Hmmmm.

And now add in friends who need an ear or a shoulder, dogs who I swear have to pee every five minutes, etc. etc. etc....I guess I shouldn't be surprised when the day flies by.  Don't get me wrong, I feel blessed to have those days to actually fly by!!  But just for once...could I catch up??

And those are my random thoughts this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest