Monday, May 2, 2011

A Change of Plans

This morning I had planned to start a series of posts answering questions I've received about the blog, winning prizes, samples, etc.  After the news last night, I've decided to postpone them for today and address current events instead.

First and foremost, my thoughts go out to the families of the victims of 9-11.  While there is no such thing as complete closure, I hope Osama's death brings them a measure of peace.

Second,..God bless the Navy Seals for a job well done.  Along with this elite team, the same to all the men and women in uniform and the contractors supporting them.

Last night after the press conference, fireworks were set off at the University of Texas, Austin campus.  I understand the students' ebullience...but the short-sightedness of the young concerns me as well.  Osama Bin Laden was but one head of the hydra.  The very real possibility of him becoming a martyr to the cause means our danger has in no way been lessened.  As I still have friends and family in uniform, as private contractors, and as civilian employees of the military...my first and persisting thought is for their safety.  It would be a wonderful thing if this one death meant the threat from terrorism was over but that is both a simplistic and dangerous mindset.

My hope?  That his death causes chaos and disruption in the ranks of Al Qaeda, rendering them unable to carry out any type of organized response.

In the meantime, I'm going to keep praying.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoy your solemn sense of prayerfulness. stopped by from blogfrog and followed your blog. mine is www.rebeccalynndunning.blogspot.com. have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest