Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flag Day

Today is Flag Day.  I fly mine proudly both as a veteran and an American.

But when I went outside this morning...I noticed that I am the only one flying the flag on my whole block.  That is so sad.  Do people not have pride in the flag anymore?  Or is it just that some holidays have lost their significance over the years?

Personally, I think that they have lost some of their significance.  More and more communities each year are dropping parades on Independence Day, Veterans' Day, and other patriotic holidays.  I'm sure some are due to budget cuts but how many other observances are discontinued because it's no longer politically correct to be a proud American?

Well then...I guess I'm politically incorrect.  I AM a proud American and my flag flies proudly this Flag Day and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest