Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Random Thought

I had a random thought and thought I would share.

I realized that there are phrases that I use, and those of my generation use, that are not only obsolete but hold no meaning whatsoever if you are below a certain age.

"Hang up the phone!"  Sadly, the younger generations will never know the pure satisfaction of slamming down a receiver on a member of the opposite sex.  

"It's quarter to five."  Not only have I been on the receiving end of some confused looks for this one; I actually thoroughly rattled a child by actually looking at my watch rather than my phone when she asked for the time.

"Pass me the clicker."  Okay, so it's been years since remote control keys actually clicked when you pressed them.  But old habits die hard and in my household, at least, when I say "clicker", I get the remote!

"Roll up the window."  How many cars still have manual windows?  I know there are some out there but they are getting fewer and further between.

"I have that show on tape."  No, actually, I don't.  I have it saved on my DVR on a miniscule chip.  I actually think it's been a couple of decades since I saved anything on a tape!

Those are just a few I thought of while pondering the deep mysteries of life.  What can you come up with?

Love,
Jerri




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest