Tuesday, August 18, 2015

One of These Days

I have written before about not being one of "those girls."  The ones who brunch with perfect hair and perfect nails.

After my misadventures this weekend, I had scratches, potting soil under my nails, and sweat running down my face.  Not the most attractive picture, but that picture also came with accomplishment.  I marked quite a few things off of my to-do list this weekend.

One of these days, I might take a day to be one of those girls.  I am sure that brunch would be a welcome break.  I might even break down and get my nails and hair done.  Of course, there probably isn't a soul alive who would recognize me, but it may be fun for a day!

Just one day, though.  While I may not be the picture of perfection, that potting soil means another plant is growing.  The scratches mean a flower garden has been returned to beauty.  The sweat means hard work and a job well done.

I'll be one of those girls one of these days.  But just one.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest