Monday, August 17, 2015

Misadventures

I started out my weekend with the simplest of objectives.  Get a few chores done.  That is it.  Nothing fancy, nothing major.

First, let me tell you of the horror that is blackberry vines.  They grow wild here and take over everything.  My first job of the day was to eradicate the ones that had invaded my front flower bed. Easier said than done.  Do you know that blackberry vines are covered with millions of tiny little thorns?  Let me tell you, they go through leather gloves like you are not wearing any at all.

After that, I moved on to transplanting two pineapple plants.  Obviously, I am a glutton for punishment.  The leaves (let's just call them daggers) of a pineapple plant are sharp!!!  Now my arms look like I battled a housecat.

Then there's the replacing of the dishwasher.  Let's just say when I thought I had turned the water off...I actually hadn't.  And I spend Saturday doing an extra load of towels I had most definitely not planned to do!  

At this point, I was exhausted.  What else can be done but laugh?  Life is too short to take this stuff seriously.  The friend who was helping me with the dishwasher?  The look on his face when the water came out of the hose full blast?  Priceless!

Love,
Jerri


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest