Thursday, August 20, 2015

No Dye Here!

Confession:  I do not dye my hair.

For some reason, that fact horrifies my friends.  I constantly hear suggestions to dye my hair, what color to use, and where to go to have highlights put in.  Stop!!

I have very little gray hair.  I do, however, have two white streaks framing my face.  Yes, they are natural.  No, I did not pay someone to put them there.  They are totally courteous of my father's genetics.  

Dying my hair does not interest me in the least.  I have no desire to incur the expense of having to maintain it.  I do not have the time to spare for the upkeep and processing.  I seem to be missing that particular component of the vanity gene.

I am 53 years old.  I am a mother and grandmother.  I have survived so many things in my life, that I see no reason to hide or be ashamed of my age.  I will let those white racing stripes glow!

I am just me.  And I'm okay with that.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest