Thursday, August 6, 2015

Limiting the Fallout

Setting limits and boundaries does not come without a price.  People's feelings may be hurt.  Some will lash out, others will bad mouth you to anyone who will listen.

How do you respond?  Here is where you set a limit on yourself.  A simple statement, "I did what I needed to do for my own peace and joy," will suffice.  Do not re-engage, do not waiver, and do not allow the drama back in.  

Will it be hard?  You bet!  One of the most valuable things I have learned at my advanced age is that a larger circle or tribe does not always equate to increased joy.  Reducing your circle to those people who reciprocate your love and caring is the best gift you can give yourself.

Fill your circle with love.  Let those who delight in spreading darkness spread it elsewhere.

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest