Monday, August 31, 2015

30-day Blogging Challenge: Day 5

Day 5:  What are your favorite comfort foods and why?

Probably my all-time favorite comfort food is grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup.  I vividly remember going to my aunt's house for the weekend and she would make grilled cheese sandwiches for me.  They were always cut into triangles, and when I was there, I never had to eat my crusts!  I cut my grilled cheese sandwiches into triangles to this day.

After that, I would have to say it's tuna on toast.  My own creation, I ate it quite a bit in my twenties when money was tighter than tight.  A can of tuna, a can of peas, and a prepared can of cream of mushroom soup.  Heat together and pour over toast.  It's filling, warms you up, and inexpensive.

Those are a couple of my favorite comfort foods...share yours!

Love,
Jerri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like

Jerri's Empty Nest